Cedric King has spent years serving
our district and promoting growth
in our communities
Cedric is Manager of Community Relations at Pinova. He is a graduate and baseball standout of McIntosh County Academy (’90) and The University of South Carolina, Coastal Carolina College (’95), where he holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, Criminal Justice. Cedric oversees all community relations and workforce training development activities for the business. Over the last 20 years working for one of the district’s largest employers, Cedric has held a wide variety of leadership positions ranging from logistics, operations, public and governmental relations, quality control, and talent development.
Cedric will tell you his real job is giving back to our community. His investment in our district starts with his service. Cedric is currently serving on the Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber Executive Board, College of Coastal Georgia Trustee Foundation, Coastal Area District Development Authority Board, Glynn County Airport Commission, Congressional Manufacturing Council-District 1, Georgia SHRM Governmental Affairs Committee, Coastal Georgia Basketball (Founder), Communities In Schools of Glynn Advisory Board, and Glynn Academy School Council.
Cedric has completed leadership programs in Glynn and McIntosh Counties as well as his recent graduation with the 2018 Class of Leadership Southeast Georgia. In addition to being recognized in Golden Isles Magazine’s 20 Under 40 issue, he was also named the 2016 Brunswick NAACP Community and Justice Award winner, and 2016 & 2013 Brunswick Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Citizen of the Year.
Cedric is married to his lovely wife, Crystal, and they have two children, Cekayla (19) and Cedric Zachary II (12). Their family faithfully serves and attends Greater Works Than These Ministries in Brunswick, GA.
Cedric's record of Service
- Georgia State Council Society for Human Resource Management 2017 Governmental Affairs Volunteer of the year
- College of Coastal Georgia Trustee Foundation
- Coastal Area District Development Authority Board (CADDA)
- Glynn County Airport Commission Commissioner
- Brunswick and Glynn County Development Authority Board
- Greater Works Ministries, Long-Term Planning Team
- 2018 Leadership Southeast Georgia Alumni
- 2011 Leadership Glynn Alumni
- 2000 Leadership McIntosh Alumni
- McIntosh SEED Board of Directors
- United Way of Coastal Georgia Board Member
- Georgia Congressional 1st District Manufacturing Council
- Fourteen Black Men of Glynn, Inc.
- Communities In School